Dext Prepare is an online tool and mobile app that extracts all the essential information from your receipts, invoices, bills, statements and all other key documents you need to share with me. Some of the benefits include:
- Submit your documents in seconds. Take a picture of your paperwork via the Dext mobile app, email digital documents directly to your account, or sync your supplier accounts to automatically share invoices as they come through. Dext Prepare does the hard work to extract all the data for you – with incredible accuracy. So, no more manual data entry and risking human error.
- No more worrying about losing documents. All your paperwork is digitised and securely stored. No storage fees, no lost documents, and everything is easily accessed if you get an inquiry.
- Organise your business admin in real-time. Everything you send through will be sorted by date, supplier, tax, region (and more) almost instantly –and all ready to view in one simple dashboard.
If you want to find out a bit more, here is some information that will help to give further detail around what Dext Prepare can do for you. Read our FAQ’s below or see how easy it is to upload a document by downloading our guide.
What is Dext Prepare?
Dext Prepare is an online tool and mobile app that extracts all the essential information from your receipts, invoices, bills, statements and all other key documents you need to share with your accountant or bookkeeper. With data extraction accuracy of 99%+, Dext dramatically reduces errors to give you greater clarity and peace of mind when processing your important documents. In short, this means that all your financial admin can be done far more efficiently – and helps us save 5 hours of manual data checks in the process.
How does it work?
The Dext Prepare mobile app means you can take photos of receipts and invoices on the go, wherever you are. Dext reads the data, extracts the relevant information and sends it straight to your accountant. That means whenever you make a business purchase, you can take a photo of the receipt then throw the paper away.
- Have a paper receipt? Simply take a photo using the Dext Prepare mobile app. Hit ‘Submit” and it goes straight to your accountant.
- Have a digital invoice? Forward it directly to your personalised Dext address or connect to more than 1,600 suppliers – like Amazon, PayPal or Shopify – to automatically pull in the invoices you need to process as soon as they come through.
From here, both you and your accountant can access all your important financial data, sorted by date, supplier, tax, region (and more) almost instantly – and all ready to view in one simple dashboard.
Do I have to pay for Dext?
The Dext Prepare mobile app is free for you to use, on behalf of your accountant. Your accountant will create an account for your business, and login details will be shared via SMS or email.
Where is my information stored?
Your information is stored securely on our cloud servers, in accordance with EU legislation. We take the security of your data very seriously and use bank-level encryption across our networks. Only you and those to whom you give permission can see your data. All your paperwork is digitised and securely stored. There are no storage fees, no lost documents, and everything is easily accessed if you get an inquiry.
How does Dext Prepare work if I have one or more businesses?
It is possible to have more than one company registered with Dext. Your accountant will create unique login credentials for each of your businesses. To login to the mobile app using multiple accounts, press the profile button(iOS) or the cogwheel setting on Android and the button, ‘Add Existing Account’. You can then switch between your accounts from the same menu. The business profile that is currently selected is indicated with a blue tick.
Can I export and manage my data outside of the app?
You can export items and reports from your Dext inbox to CSV or PDF so you can manage your records as you see fit.
Is it possible for both me and my employees to send invoices?
You can add additional users onto your Dext account. Each user will have the ability to submit, view and edit paperwork with Dext, depending on what is permitted.
Does Dext support multiple currencies?
Dext automatically converts any foreign currencies into your base currency using Fixer conversion rates for the day that the item is dated. Currency data delivered by Fixer is sourced from financial data providers and banks, including the European Central Bank.